Easter Midterm is only a few short weeks away – so understandably you will be looking for something to keep the kids entertained! We have compiled a list for you of our top 10 recommendations of what to do while in Westport (and surrounding area) this midterm.
- Take Part In Westport House’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Okay, we may be a bit biased here – especially putting ourselves at number one – but so many families enjoy our easter egg hunt each year that we said we had to share! Click Here for some more info…
- Cycle the Great Western Green Way – The Greenway, which runs through the grounds of Westport House, is one of Ireland’s most beautiful, safest and scenic cycling routes in the country. Spanning a total 42km long starting in Westport and ending in Achill, it is the perfect option for those cycling enthusiasts.
- Visit one of Westport’s beautiful surrounding beaches – Should the weather stay dry, be sure to take a spin out to Bertra Beach or Old Head, where you will be able to breathe in some crisp, Wild Atlantic Way air.
- Go for a horse ride – Westport offers a superb horse riding experience in the un-spoilt countryside of the West of Ireland.
- Climb Croagh Patrick – Nicknamed the ‘Reek’, is a 764 metres mountain and an important site of pilgrimage in County Mayo, Ireland. Very popular to climb by tourists and locals.. and trust us, the views at the top are truly worth it!
- Go to the Town Hall Theatre – Watch one of the amazing shows at Westport’s own theatre
- Treat yourself to a day at the spa – Our Hotel, Hotel Westport has some fabulous offers in their Senses Spa