Caravan & Camping
Are you looking for a happy camping experience?
Whether you’re a family, a hiker or a couple, you’ve found your idyllic camping spot. Westport House Caravan & Camping Park is a family-run & family-friendly park set in the lush grounds of Westport House beside Westport Quay. This natural environment surrounded by ancient trees with Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay in the background is the camper’s dream!
Westport House Caravan & Camping Park is set in the lush parkland setting of Westport House Estate. There has been a "big house' on this site since the 1500's,when Grace O'Malley, the famous Pirate Queen, built one of her many castles here. The Browne family, who built the original Westport House on the site of this castle, still own and operate it today along with the family friendly Pirate Adventure Park and the Caravan& Camping Park. The Caravan & Camping Park is next to the farmyard buildings, some of the most extensive in Europe, and enjoys the shade of ancient trees in this beautiful heritage setting. Within a 5 minute drive and 15 minute walk of the popular tourist town of Westport, you will be spoiled with top-rated facilities and a range of family friendly activities and attractions onsite. Safety and security are a top priority with night time security and a family-focused midnight curfew.
FREE onsite facilities include hot showers, WiFi, recycling, waste water, recreation room*, picnic & washing up areas. Visit Gracy's bar and cafe with live music* and food including delicious wood fired pizza.
Free onsite activities during the daytime include extensive parkland grounds, playground and sandpits. Our farmyard activities- right beside the site- include table tennis, recreation room with movies, games & jukebox and indoor soft play- available to campers for free each evening*. Go Karts and Bouncy Castle will also be available in the evenings in farmyard for a small charge of €2 per turn.
Award-Winning Visitor Attractions Onsite - Book your camping holiday online to save up to 20% on tickets!
- The “big house” - Ireland’s most beautiful historic home with 30 rooms open to the public, tea rooms, 5 exhibitions and more
- Pirate Adventure Park – a wonderland for children under 12 yrs with rides, slides, boats, trains, bouncy castle, go karts and more!
- Adventure Activity Centre with zorbing, zipwire, Sky Challenge high ropes, archery, combat games and clay pigeon shooting, laser combat games and more!
New in 2015
- Rent your own Bell Tent for a truly easy camping experience – and get 50% off your tickets to Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park
- New evening-time “Fun Zone” with Go Karts & Bouncy Castle
- New Greenway through Estate – a safe and beautiful off-road cycling and walking trail connecting you with the Great Western Greenway and Westport Quay…enjoy stunning views of Westport House, harbour and beautiful woodland
18 hole golf course, deep-sea fishing, pony trekking, restaurants, live music & great pubs, blue-flag beaches, sailing, mountain climbing, cinema, spas and leisure centres. Please visit www.destinationwestport.com for a range of things to do.
While we love animals, I'm afraid that NO PETS are permitted during July/August (except for assistance dogs). For dog owners, we have secured a discount for residents staying with us who bring their dogs at the following kennels:
- Lodge Veterinary Hospital (Lodge Road, Westport) 098-26006 | €12.00 per night
- Owenwee Boarding Kennels (Leenane Road, Westport) 098-21924 | €12 per night
Please bring your dog's vaccination certificate and a certificate for Kennel Cough. The certificates need to be stamped by your vet & up to date.
Commercial vehicles policy
As we are a leisure park only, no commercial vehicles are allowed. Only proper purpose built or adapted live-in vehicles are to be permitted to stay in the Caravan & Camping Park. We would define this as having it’s own in-built kitchen facilities and toilet.
Awards include Best Family Visitor Attraction, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, Best Halloween Event, CIE Awards for Excellence & more!
A warm welcome awaits you in Westport House
*High season only.