Frightening fun for all the family at Hallowe’en Fest!
Get ready for ghastly ghouls, jumping Jack O’Lanterns and hair-raising hocus pocus. The annual Hallowe’en Fest at Westport House is bringing back the black cats and broomsticks for a fangtastic fright fest from October 24 to 31, from 11am to 5pm daily.
Watch as the House is transformed with webs, wizards and witchcraft – it’s guaranteed to rival any Harry Potter novel!
Indulge your little ones in fun and games, workshops and activities inside the devilishly decorated Westport House. Listen to the wily white witch’s spirited story time, play musical statues at our daily kiddies’ disco, delve into the Spooky Spoons workshop with repulsive recipes made from bat wings and the eyes of toads, and craft a Jack O’Lantern to bring home for the holiday (pumpkin additional €3 charge).
If that’s not enough to get their knees knocking, get them busting some zombie moves! Back by popular demand is our ‘Thriller’ dance workshop, where your little monsters can learn all the moves from Michael Jackson's legendary "Thriller" music video in the formal Large Dining Room of Westport House.
The gruesome good fun continues outdoors with the wickedly wonderful Westport House Express train ride, the fabulously frightening Pirates Plunge and the startlingly speedy Swinging Pirates Ship from 1pm to 5pm daily.
Join all the fun at Hallowe’en Fest and come dressed in your best creepy costume, but be sure to dress for mess if you’re taking part in the Jack O’Lantern or Spooky Spoons workshops which are very hands-on!
Check out our Hallowe’en workshop schedule below.
- Parents must remain with children at all times during the workshops.
- Workshop spaces are limited and some will have daily sign-up sheets and/or queues. We cannot guarantee spaces so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Jack O’Lantern craft workshop incurs an additional €3 per child fee.
- The Westport Train Tour is ticketed separately to the Hallowe’en Fest.
- All Hallowe’en games, workshops and activities take place in Westport House. The Westport House Express, the Swinging Pirates Ship, the Pirates Plunge and the Westport Train Tour are situated outdoors in various locations throughout the park.
(Haunted) Westport House Opening Times
Westport House and the Hallowe’en Fest workshops are open daily from 11am to 5pm. The Westport House Express, the Swinging Pirates Ship and the Pirates Plunge are open daily from 1pm to 5pm.
Tickets & Pricing:
- Tickets to Halloween Fest are priced per normal ticket prices for Westport House and the Pirate Adventure Park. Buy your tickets online now and save with our online discounts!
- 2015 Members of Westport House and Pirate Adventure Park receive a discounted entrance fee of €5 for children while adults go free!
Hop on board the Westport Train Tour this Hallowe’en
Ready to howl at all the Hallowe’en hocus pocus? Take some time out and relax in comfort on our fully-enclosed road train with forward facing seating and bright vibrant colours the kids will love. In just under 50 minutes explore the grounds of Westport House Estate, Westport Quay and the historic town of Westport and soak up the fascinating stories that comprise the Estate’s 300 years of history. The Westport Train Tour is ticketed separately from Halloween Fest at €9 for adults, €5 for children, €7.50 for seniors, €22 for a family of four and €28 for a family of six. Train tickets can be purchased at the train or at a Westport House ticket office - or click here to buy online to get 5% off!
Important information regarding buggies
At this time buggies are not permitted inside Westport House due to the delicate nature of the antique parquet floors. Please park your buggy inside the ante-library and feel free to avail of one of our baby carriers at the entrance hall while you tour the House.