Fathering Sunday is coming up this weekend. I’m sure you’re trying to figure out how you’re going to honour the man of the moment. And if you are out of gift ideas, don’t panic. There are plenty of ways you can show Dad you care without buying him a gift….how about spending some quality time together with a day out in County Mayo and creating memories you’ll all treasure?
We would love to welcome you and have shared out Top 5 things to do at Westport House with Daddy on his special day.
- Let him show off his insane fitness levels on the icon Swan Pedal boats. The sprinkling of rain on Tuesday has given the lake a much needed lift after our early Summer and the lake is now at just the right height to give Dad a good work out. So forget your lycra-clad bike rides and spinning classes, hop on over to the Pirate Adventure Park and get your legs pumping on our 8ft high Swans. And while you’re at it, hop on Ireland’s only Log Flume splash ride, try the Swinging Ship, Go Karts, Sand Pits, Playgrounds, Miniature Railway and Bouncy Castles. And we guarantee, the kids will LOVE you for it!
- Treat him to a Zorbing Ride. Or even better, hop into the zorb with him! Choose from the water zorb or the harness option and experience something that you will NEVER forget. You’ll scream. You’ll laugh. You’re LOVE it!
- Test his head for heights on the High Ropes climbing frame. Think a ginormous monkey bar system. Work your away around 26 different elements over 3 different levels taking you closer to the sky each time. And what’s better, everyone aged 6 and above can use it. Oh, and don’t forget to take the Leap of Faith for the fastest way back down.
- Treat yourselves to a night under the stars. There’s nothing like camping to bring out the manly man in you. Throw up the tent in no time at all, cook a few steaks and sausages on the barbie and soak up the fresh air. Likewise, if you’re not keen on the old putting up the tent piece, we can take care of that for you when you hire out one of our beautiful Bell Tents.
- Satisfy his history fascination with a visit to Westport House where it will be fulfilled in abundance! He will love the original Mayo Militia Flags dating back to the late 1700s from the Irish rebellion with the French in Killala, a plethora of guns and swords, the 10 foot high, 10,000 year old Elk Head dug up in a bog in Castlebar or check out the dungeons dating back to Grace O’Malley’s 16th century castle on the site.
Top Tip: Buy your tickets in advance for the activities above and you may save up to 5% as well as skip any queues!
Check out our video to see for yourselves to see why Westport House was voted the Best Family Holiday Destination in the 2015 Boots Maternity & Infant Magazine Awards.
Whatever you decide to do, we all at Westport House wish all of the Dads out there a very happy Father’s Day!
Hope to see you soon.