We are absolutely thrilled to reveal that we have bagged Europe’s BIGGEST mobile ferris wheel for Westport House this Christmas season. And our Carnival is going to get a whole lot bigger with the addition of a bunch of new attractions that will compliment it nicely. if you’re looking for family fun this Christmas along the Wild Atlantic Way – look no further!
The Giant Wheel is currently being built and we are working hard to have it up and running for the open of our magical Winter Wonderland Christmas experience on Saturday, November 26th. As you can see from these snaps, it is making the stunning historic Westport House look like a little cottage beside it! Can you imagine the views it will afford over Clew Bay and the Wild Atlantic Way, the Westport House Estate, the heritage town of Westport and Croagh Patrick? And you’ll be happy to hear that the gondolas are fully enclosed so you will be able to enjoy the stunning views in comfort – regardless of the weather!
[ngg_images gallery_ids=”21″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails”]
The Giant Wheel will be open as follows:
- Saturday, November 26th from 10am to 10pm
- Sunday, November 27th from 10am to 10pm
- Friday, December 2nd from 3pm to 10pm
- Saturday, December 3rd from 10am to 10pm
- Sunday, December 4th from 10am to 10pm
- Friday, December 9th from 3pm to 8pm
- Saturday, December 10th from 10am to 8pm
- Sunday, December 11th from 10am to 8pm
- Friday, December 16th from 3pm to 8pm
- Saturday, December 17th from 10am to 8pm
- Sunday, December 18th from 10am to 8pm
- Monday, December 19th from 12pm to 8pm
- Tuesday, December 20th from 12pm to 8pm
- Wednesday, December 21st from 12pm to 8pm
- Thursday, December 22nd from 10am to 8pm
- Friday, December 23rd from 10am to 8pm
Closed from Saturday, December 24th to Monday, December 26th inclusive.
- Open daily from Tuesday, December 27th to Sunday, January 8th from 12pm to 8pm
How much will it cost?
It will cost €6 (or two tokens) for an adult and €3 (one token) for a child. There are no height restrictions so everyone can ride the Giant Wheel however, everyone will need to be ticketed. You can buy Carnival Tokens in advance of your visit through our online store or buy them onsite on the day of your visit – each ride is €3 per person except for the Giant Wheel which costs €6 for adults.
FREE Entry to the Carnival and Grounds of Westport House. You do not need a ticket for Winter Wonderland to enjoy the Christmas Carnival.
What other rides are available at the carnival?
To compliment the Giant Wheel, we will also have Chair-o-Planes, Bumper Cars, a Hot Air Balloon, Formula 1 Cars and an Airplane Ride. And you can test your hand-eye coordination to try to win a prized cuddly toy to take home too!
We would love to welcome the kids to Winter Wonderland while you visit – although, we highly recommend you pre-book that visit as there is limited capacity and many of the days will sell out in advance.
We look forward to hearing what you think!