With under 10 weeks away to Christmas, it’s time to get booking a Santa Claus visit that the kiddies will remember forever. And we have some very exciting NEW features planned for this year’s Winter Wonderland experience to make it even more magical.
What’s New in 2017?
- “Stumpa”, our new story with Mrs. Claus – You will start the journey with story-time by the fireplace of the gorgeous Drawing Room with a very warm welcome from Mrs Claus who will tell the magical Christmas Story of a very special little tree called ‘Stumpa’. This beautiful story – written and self-published by Westport’s own Nicky O’Dowd – tells of the adventure of a little Christmas Tree growing up to be a big Christmas Tree.
- Visit Santa in a Smaller Group – The main event! Kids will be wowed with a very special visit to Santa in his magical grotto where he’ll have a chat with all the children and take pictures that families can treasure forever. We listened to your feedback from last year and we have reduced the group size visiting Santa to make sure that everyone gets the quality time that they deserve with the main man.
- A very special gift from Santa – Our story with Mrs. Claus this year is all about “Stumpa”, a little Christmas Tree who grows up to be a strong, big Christmas Tree. All of the boys and girls who attend Winter Wonderland 2017 will be very lucky to receive their very own “Stumpa” christmas tree sapling to take home and plant in their own garden. (For those of you who may not have naturally green fingers – don’t worry – Oisin, our head gardener, will provide instructions)
- Live Crib with an Alpaca (yes, an Alpaca!), Goat, Sheep and Donkey – Be sure to save some time visit to the amazing LIVE crib situated in front of Westport House. The Live Crib is a fund-raising effort in aid of two Westport Churches – Holy Trinity and St. Mary’s Church – who are urgently fundraising for restorative works. We hope you enjoy the animals and any donation will be appreciated (100% of funds gathered will be split evenly between both churches).
Winter Wonderland will continue to include all the usual favourites such as:
- Face painting – Be sure to get your face painted by our amazing artist, to really get you in the Christmas spirit
- Ginger Bread Man Decorating – Learn all about the ginger bread man, while decorating your own in our long gallery. A yummy treat to take home!
- The Christmas Wishing Tree – A very special part of the Winter Wonderland experience. All the children are invited to write ‘a wish’ for the year to come and place in our wishing tree.
- Yuletide log workshop – After meeting Santa, you’ll be captivated by the elves hard at work in the Elves Workshop where you will have the opportunity to make your own yuletide log to take home for the Christmas table.
- Enjoy some refreshments – Following all that excitement, you will be in need of a refreshment! Pop into the Old Kitchen Cafe for a free juice for the kids and a delicious festive drink for the adults where you can also enjoy homemade sweet and savory delights!
- A train ride around the estate before you head home – Our Train Driver will pick you up from the back door and you’ll hop on board the Westport Train to enjoy magnificent winter time views around the House before you depart.
- Pick up your own souvenir family photo – Our friends at Envisage Photography will be on hand to capture your souvenir photo of the visit with Santa (please note that this is an additional charge of €10 each). You are also very welcome to take your own family photo for free!
With so much to enjoy at this year’s Winter Wonderland your family will be sure to have magical Christmas experience that they will remember forever.