Location: Westport House Estate
Reporting to: Estate & Construction Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
The position of mechanical supervisor is to aid the Estate & Construction Manager and the Adventure Manager to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the Pirate Adventure Park attractions and the fleet of maintenance machinery. Ensure all rides and equipment comply with equipment manufacturers’ operating standards and requirements. Perform visual and auditory inspections of rides and attractions and maintain proper records for all inspections, maintenance and repairs. The mechanic will also have the assistance of the estate’s electrician and maintenance team where required. The position will be of a practical nature and the mechanic will have full responsibility for the recording of all mechanical works and associated paper work. The mechanical supervisor will work closely with the Estate & Construction Manager and Adventure Team, with all necessary support and assistance provided.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- To undertake and oversee that all preventative and reactive maintenance on the mechanical attractions in the Pirate Adventure Park in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain plant and specialised equipment to the highest operational standards. Carry out repairs and modifications in accordance to the manufacture’s specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment certifications in line with regulatory standards/relevant codes/statutory requirements, and ensuring documentation is accurate and up to date. All works are to be recorded and managed in accordance with the required Company’s Operational Procedures for the Pirate Adventure Park and the associated Health & Safety procedures.
- To ensure all the mechanical attractions are safe and fit for purpose. All defects are to be reported and a recorded repairs procedure to be followed.
- Create and conduct planned maintenance programmes. To undertake year-round preventative maintenance and upgrade of the mechanical attractions in the Pirate Adventure Park in accordance with the manufacture’s specifications.
- To perform daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and other required inspections of rides and related equipment as assigned; taking corrective actions as issues are identified. Inspections are visual as well as auditory.
- To ensure and assist the Estate & Construction Manager in the mechanical and safety checks on the fleet of maintenance machinery and plant, tools & equipment. To ensure all the maintenance equipment is safe and fit for propose. All defects are to be reported and a recorded repairs procedure to be followed.
- Maintains orderly and accurate records of all required inspections, repairs and work performed, and submits required paperwork to supervision in a timely manner.
- To maintain assigned equipment in a safe and ready condition according to all applicable codes, laws, rules, company policies, and best practices. Works safely and efficiently on all assigned tasks, coordinating with other as necessary to achieve desired results.
- To undertake preventative maintenance and servicing of the fleet of maintenance machinery.
- Procure appropriate spare parts and equipment and assist with the purchase of capital items of plant and equipment.
- Contribute to the setting of annual maintenance budgets.
- To undertake the CRVT servicing and preparation of the required maintenance vehicles. Capable of liaising with RSA and CVRT company.
- To aid and supervise any mechanical sub-contractors and ensure all safety and insurance measures are in place.
- Be able to maximise the impact of budgetary investment in attractions and always strive for the best value for money for the business.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to perform various physical activities, such as climbing, crawling, and lifting, from various heights on ride structures.
- The mechanical fitter will be required to work in a flexible manner in order to complete works and ensure the commercial requirements of the Pirate Adventure Park and estate. Most notably during peak periods i.e. Easter, Summer months and Halloween. Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs and to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient reactive breakdown service within Westport House and related companies.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of Health and Safety practises, organisation safety, procedures and statutory regulations as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe working environment and increase safety awareness as appropriate. Report and communicate all accidents, injuries and near misses.
- Ensure proper use of safety equipment.
- Ensure necessary records are completed and retained.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
- Mechanical Experience of 5+ years. A recognised mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years working in a commercial mechanical setting. Desirably Experience with Hydraulics / agricultural and plant machinery / process plant / mechanical fitter would be preferable.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic diagrams.
- Full clean drivers’ licence with trailer.
- Over 25 years of age.
- Ability to work in Ireland.
- Excellent IT skills and record keeping.
- Strong organisation, planning and communication skills.
- Access to own transport.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Experience in recording and reporting of works in coherence with Health and Safety regulations.
- Required to work flexible working hours during peak season to ensure the smooth-running of the Pirate Adventure Park.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com