At WESTPORT ESTATE
A Magical experience for the whole family
ABOUT WINTER WONDERLAND
Join us this Christmas as we transform our 18th-century coach house, Westport House and grounds into a beautiful, festive, magical atmosphere all complete with awe-inspiring decorations and real snow!
Meet the Elves and visit Santa one-on-one in his Grotto in the snow-dusted wooded Tinsel Town!
Ride the Wonderland Express Train around Westport Estate and take in the decorations. Hop off at stunning Westport House where you can meet Mrs Claus and be sure to take a family picture under the giant Christmas Tree.
pre-book to avoid disappointment
How Does It Work?
Check in at the Welcome Hut at your allotted time to receive your wristbands* which provide admission to the event.
Parking is available next to the Coach House. Signage and staff will be on site to direct you.
Please Note: You are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before your designated visit with Santa.
Santa & the Elves are on a very busy schedule and we cannot guarantee your visit if you arrive later than your pre-booked time!
Head To Tinsel Town!
Make your way to Tinsel Town where you'll be greeted by your very own Elf who will show you around this magical space.
Visit Santa Claus!
Shortly, thereafter, the whole family will be escorted to the magical grotto for a special, private and individual family visit with Santa Claus.
Enjoy Tinsel Town
After your visit with Santa, there is plenty to do. Play games, make your own decoration to take home, toast marshmallows, play Hook-a-Duck, visit the Live Crib or get your face painted.
Hop on the Train
Soak up the lighting and decorations around the grounds, tune into some festival carols and enjoy the ride all the way to Westport House.
Visit the Historic House
Make it a Victorian Christmas, take in the twinkling lights, meet Mrs Claus and take your own Christmas Card photo under the giant Christmas tree.
This Experience Sells Out Annually So Avoid Disappointment And Pre-Book Your Visit
Spend the Day in Westport
Enjoy 400-acres of Natural Beauty
Located within Westport Estate, Winter Wonderland offers guests a world surrounded by nature. Feel your body, mind and soul relax while being immersed in a world of green.
Festive Food Village
This year we will be offering a range of festive food offerings from around the World. Enjoy delightful festive treats such as mini Panettone, Sweet Pretzel, Roasted Chestnuts, mini Stollen, Bratwurst, Falafel offers with Fries and much much more. And of course, fun sweet things for the kids :)
Enjoy Westport Town
Westport House is located a 5 minute walk from the charming town of Westport. Explore its Georgian town centre with stone bridges linking our tree-lined promenade on the banks of the Carrowbeg River. And of course, you have an amazing selection of shops, restaurants and the best pubs in Ireland.
Find Your Way!
HAVE A QUERY?
Babies under 1 year old - FREE
Token Gift included
Infants aged 1-2 years - €15
Token Gift included
Children aged 3 to 16 years - €35
Token Gift included
Adults - €15
- Meet Santa privately one at a time in his grotto
- Token gift included for all children
- Meet Mrs Claus
- Complimentary drink
- Make a wish at the Wish Tree.
- Train Ride on the Winter Wonderland Express
- Live Crib in Tinsel Town with “real” snow
- Festive marshmallows for toasting
- Make Your Own Christmas Decorations
- Visit the Elves Village
- Visit the beautifully decorated historic Westport House
Saturday, November 19th from 12pm to 6:30pm
Sunday, November 20th from 12pm to 6:30pm
Saturday, November 26th from 10am to 6:30pm
Sunday, November 27th from 10am to 6:30pm
Friday, December 2nd from 2pm to 8:30pm - Sensory Santa for families with children with sensory needs
Saturday, December 3rd from 10am to 6:30pm
Sunday, December 4th from 10am to 6:30pm
Friday, December 9th from 2pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, December 10th from 10am to 6:30pm
Sunday, December 11th from 10am to 6:30pm
Friday, December 16th from 2pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, December 17th from 10am to 6:30pm
Sunday, December 18th from 10am to 6:30pm
Tuesday, December 20th from 2pm to 8:30pm
Wednesday, December 21st from 2pm to 8:30pm
Thursday, December 22nd from 10am to 6:30pm
Friday, December 23rd from 10am to 6:30pm
Carers of people with disabilities enter free of charge, please do not book them in when booking online. They may simply turn up on the day.
Slight adjustments made to our Sensory Day on December 2nd are underlined.
Planning a Trip to Winter Wonderland at Westport House
Advanced planning is strongly recommended for all guests.
This may be particularly important for guests with cognitive disabilities who are preparing for a visit to the Winter Wonderland experience at Westport Estate.
Given the very nature of our event, guests may experience sudden loud sounds and/or unexpected tactile sensations. They may be exposed to non-preferred sensory input.
Some guests with disabilities may find the overall experience overwhelming and benefit from a sensory break. We endeavour to assist our guests as much as possible to meet their needs and to make the experience enjoyable for all. We have laid out what to expect during a typical visit to Winter Wonderland.
Slight adjustments made to our Sensory Day on December 2nd are underlined.
If you are planning a visit outside of the Sensory Day and you would benefit from having these adjustments made for your visit, we can facilitate that if you contact us in advance, just drop us an email to email@example.com with your booking reference. Alternatively, you can speak with your Elf on arrival.
While there is a flow to the experience our Elves are here to make the experience magical for the whole family. Your Elf will take you through the experience at a pace that suits the needs of your family. If you need a break at any time, we have created areas for s-ELF-care both close to Tinsel Town and in Westport House.
There is a c-ELF-phone number that you can text when you are ready to re-join the experience and we can let you know when Santa is ready to see you.
Other points to note:
We offer free entry to carers accompanying our visitors. There is no need to book a ticket for the carer.
Assistance dogs are welcome to the event.
Wheelchairs are available free of charge, on a first come first served basis, for customers who require them.
Our chairs are all manual.
Visual Schedule – Winter Wonderland
If arriving by car you will come in through the The Quay entrance.
Put on your warm clothes, maybe your jacket, hat, and scarf, you’re going to be outside for a while.
Your wristbands can be collected from the green ticket hut.
The wristband can be worn by the adults if they are uncomfortable for some guests.
Take a short walk beyond the barrier and you will see Tinsel Town on your left.
Check in with our team of Elves and meet your very own Elf who is going to lead you through your visit. There may be some families ahead of you so you may have to wait for a few minutes at this point. This area is lit with fairy lights.
Enter Tinsel Town with your Elf through the red gates. Toilets are located through the door on the right.
Snow will be falling as you enter.
- The snow is fluffy and wet to the touch. *The snow machine can be noisy and can be turned off.
- Snow covered Christmas trees fill this area and can feel prickly to the touch.
- The ground covering is loose gravel and makes a crunchy noise under your feet.
- Fairy lights are all around which sometimes may flash. *Lights are left on the constant on position.
- Christmas music is played throughout Tinsel Town. *Music is not played.
- There is a house where the Elves make fresh popcorn all day which is one of their favourite foods!
You will be able to smell it as you come in. The Elves love to share their popcorn so you’ll be able to try some.
- In another tiny house you can play Hook-a-Duck. You play this with a wooden rod and try to hook out the small yellow plastic ducks that are floating in the water. If you do well your elf will give you a chocolate coin.
- You might like to visit the animals at the live crib. There is typically a donkey, sheep, and an alpaca in our crib. They are real animals and sometimes like to make noise to say hello to everyone.
- Toasted marshmallows are Santa’s most favourite food. The Elves love to toast marshmallows for our guests at our open fire. The marshmallows are served on a skewer and are hot and sticky when they’re roasted. Make sure to blow on them before you eat them! You can also have them untoasted if you prefer.
- The Elves love to have their face painted with lovely Christmas designs. If you would like to have your face painted, they will be happy to do it. If you would like it on your hand or arm instead of your face, they can do that too. They are happy to paint grown-ups faces as well!
- When it’s your time to see Santa, you will arrive in to the grotto through the trees where he is waiting to meet you and your family. Your visit with Santa will be just your family group. There is plenty of time to have a chat and take your photographs. There may be some flash photography.
- When you’ve finished your visit with Santa your Elf will bring you to the workshop so you can pick out your gift from Santa.
You will be able to make your own clay Christmas decoration to remember your visit to Winter Wonderland. The clay might feel a little soft and sticky. This area may get a little noisy and busy at times.
- When you are all finished in Tinsel Town you can get onboard the Westport House Express train and sing along to the Christmas songs all the way to Westport House. *Music is not played.
- You might even hear the train driver ring his bell *Bell not rung
- When you arrive at Westport House you will walk across the crunchy gravel and up the 18 steps to the front door.
Inside Westport House there will be an open fire in the large fireplace, you might smell the wood burning.
Inside the hall there are lots of Christmas decorations and a huge Christmas tree full of lights and Christmas baubles. It is fine to touch the tree and the baubles. Lots of families like to take their Christmas photo here. Our Elves are happy to do this for you.
- Mrs Claus will be waiting for you and will be reading stories in the Drawing Room. Mrs Claus loves to sing with all the children if they would like to sing with her. If not, she loves to tell Christmas jokes instead.
- Mrs Claus brings a very special tree with her to Westport House from the North Pole. It is a Wishing Tree. You can write out your Christmas wish on one of the special labels and hang it on the tree. Watch out for the prickly branches.
- The Elves will be serving some warm drinks in the Long Gallery. There is mulled wine for the grown-ups and hot chocolate or Capri Sun for the children.
- You can take your time walking around Westport House, looking at all the decorations and having fun with the Elves.
When you’re ready to go you can get on the Westport House Express Train to bring you back to the car park or if you’re feeling hungry you can stop off at Tinsel Town. Here you will be able to try some tasty treats from our silver Air Stream food truck and sit for a while in one of our bell tents.
Due to popularity and the limited amount of children that can visit Santa, pre-booking online is essential. This experience sells out every year.
If you haven't pre-booked your visit, you are very welcome to drop in and we can see if it's possible for Santa to squeeze you in. However, to avoid disappointment for the little ones, we highly recommend you call us on +353(0)98 27766 before you travel, to check availability.
Yes, members receive 10% off their Winter Wonderland tickets Simply insert your member number in the Discount Code field on the Verify Order screen. Your membership number is on the back of your membership card
Our booking engine allows for up to 6 adults, 6 kids and 2 babies per booking. If all parties involved fit within this, please simply book everyone in on the same booking.
PLEASE NOTE: If your bookings are within 1 hour of each another, your paths will more than likely cross throughout the experience. The only escorted element of your visit is in Tinsel Town. After Tinsel Town you can of course meet anywhere within the Winter Wonderland experience.
I'm so sorry but due to the popularity of the experience, we cannot accommodate any rescheduling of visits so please pick your day and time carefully. Be sure to check school concerts, matches and any other obligations.
You may cancel your visit but I’m afraid we do not offer a refund.
If you’d like to book in a private group visit, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 098 27766 as we have some select group days set aside.
Message, call or visit
- We're here!
Have a query regarding Winter Wonderland ?
Get in touch today.
Don't be late!
This event sells out annually. Please book your visit in advance to secure your preferred date and avoid disappointment.
COPYRIGHT © westport house at westport estate. winter wonderland 2022