Not for the faint of heart, the Pirate Queen will test your head for heights – and your stomach! Another one-of-its kind in Ireland, the Swinging Galleon is an open, seated gondola in the shape of a pirate ship which swings back and forth.
It has been aptly named after the Pirate Queen of Connaught, Grace O’Malley or Grainne Mhaol, who is the infamous ancestor of the Browne family who built and still own Westport House. Westport House is also built on the ruins of one of her castles.
The Pirate Queen Swinging Ship is set in the Pirates Haven along with Gracy’s Bouncy Castle and the Pirates Plunge Log Flume ride.
- Age: All persons under 6 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum Height: 1.2 meter
- Pirate Queen is not suitable for visitors in wheelchairs, persons with persons with heart problems, back or neck injuries, motion sickness & expectant mothers.
- No food/drink allowed.
- Max persons 24 on the ride at any one time.
- No liability is accepted for any injury or damage cause while using this play area or equipment.
Check out the site map to find out exactly where this ride is located.