Popular with all ages, the rail train ride at Westport House is particularly popular with the littler ones in the family.
The Train Driver will take you on a five minute ride through the woodland grounds where you’ll watch out for surprises around every corner.
Don’t miss Monkey Junction, the passengers in the Train Station, the Serpent in the Tree or the creepy crocodile. And be sure to keep your eyes peeled for some happy campers and our own Grace O’Malley en route. The views of the lake, the West side of the House, Croagh Patrick, Westport Quay and Clew Bay are stunning. A particular favourite for the very little ones.
- For your own safety, please obey the Train Conductor/Driver at all times. (download our height chart – .PDF 4.7MB)
- Do not enter the platform until instructed by a member of staff. And do not cross the yellow line on the platform.
- Ensure legs & arms are kept inside the carriage at all times and kindly remain seated all time when moving.
- There is no height restriction on this ride but children must be accompanied by an adult when using this ride.
- Buggies must be left at train platform.
- No liability is accepted for any injury or damage cause while using this play area or equipment.
Check out the site map to find out exactly where this ride is located.