Get Top Marks for Your School Tour.
With a rich heritage including Grace O’Malley (16th century pirate queen), Ireland’s most beautiful historic house and the award-winning Pirate Adventure Park , you’ll be top of the class when you choose Westport House for your school tour! It has the ideal blend of fun, activity and education – the school tour that will satisfy everyone.
School Tour Visits – What is Included?
Your admission price of €14 per person includes your visit to Westport House and the Pirate Adventure Park.
There has been a ‘big house’ on this site since the 1500’s, when Grace O Malley, the famous Pirate Queen, built one of her many castles here. The current House has;
- an impressive 30 rooms open to the public
- hundreds of antiques, artworks and artefacts
- 6 permanent exhibitions
- the dungeons (the remains of Grace O’Malley’s castle)
All visiting schools are encouraged to visit the house for a self-guided tour.
The Pirate Adventure Park delivers hours of fun ideally suited to junior infants through to sixth class students – with something for all ages. The Pirate Adventure Park features unlimited use of:
Our NEW Attractions opening Easter 2019:
- Jump Around
- Vortex Tunnel
- Mini Ferris Wheel
- Disc Golf**
- Play Village “Little Westport”
- Panning for Gemstones**
- Hook-a-Duck **
- The Pirate Queen’s Ship (swinging ship ride),
- Pirates Plunge (Ireland’s only splash-tastic log flume ride),
- Inflatable Obstacle Course,
- The Giant Swan Pedal boats,
- Cannon Ball Run (slippery slide ride),
- Go Karts for littler ones
- The Pirates Den (indoor soft play area).
As most of the attractions are outdoors, we encourage you to check the weather in advance and please bring weather appropriate attire (you might consider bringing a change of gear as you’re guaranteed to get wet on the flume ride). Please make sure to wear comfortable shoes as the estate spans 400 acres.
If you’re looking to delve into history, we have a selection of fascinating optional add-on tours to offer:
- General House Guided Tour (30 mins) – Our passionate guides tell the 300 year old story of this amazing house, highlighting key points of interest as you wander through the stunning rooms and hallways of this grand manor home. €1 per person.
Looking for Lunch?
We can offer two spots for lunch in Westport House:
- The Old Kitchen Cafe in the basement of Westport House
- Gracy’s Pizzeria & Bistro in the Farmyard
The Old Kitchen Cafe offers a €6 Value Menu just for school tours. Choose from
- Margherita Pizza (only)
- Soup & selection of sandwiches
- Accompanied by jugs of squash and water for students
- Tea/coffee & a biscuit for teachers
Gracy’s Pizzeria & Bistro offers a €7 Value Menu with a choice of:
- 1 Slice of Margarita Pizza and Chips
- Trio of Chicken Goujons and Chips
- Jugs of squash and water for students
- Ice Lollies
Please pre-order your lunch and reserve seating at least 14 days before arrival. Be sure to let us know if you have any dietary requirements as we will be happy to accommodate them. 12.5% discount for teachers with Group under 25 children. Teachers Free when Group is over 25 children
Pizza Making Class
Why not make your school tour even more special and upgrade to our pizza making class for an extra €5.00 per child (all tour must partake)
The Children will get the chance to work in pairs to make their own pizza with the help of our Pizza chef and then watch as the he puts the pizzas into our wood fired oven and cooks the pizza.
While they wait for the pizza to cook, they will have time to personalise their Chef hats which they can bring home with them. Before sitting down and enjoying the pizza they made themselves before enjoying dessert and hitting the playground.
=If the child on the day prefers not to eat a pizza they can still join in the fun and enjoy the chicken goujons and chips.
Pirate Adventure Park – €14 per child
Optional Tour of Westport House – Additional €1 per child | Must be booked and scheduled in advance.
Lunch in the Old Kitchen Cafe – €6 per person (must be pre-ordered)
OR Gracy’s Pizzeria & Bistro – €7 per person (must be pre-ordered)
Pizza Making Class – additional €5 (€12 in total)
Call Today +353 (0) 98 27766 or email email@example.com for available dates and to explore your options
Locate us on the map here.