Clean & Green from Arrival to Departure
We look forward to welcoming you to Westport House when we re-open on July 3rd. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your visit or your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you. With that in mind, we have created a programme that will deliver the highest standards of cleanliness as well as a gorgeous green experience – with social distancing – throughout the entire estate.
We are blessed with the tranquil and beautiful setting on four hundred acres of fresh air in the heart of Westport. We hope to help you make the most of it during your visit with our new 3.5k looped walk, blooming gardens and trails as well as our Family Bush Camp when you stay in Hotel Westport (please note this is available only to hotel guests).
We have partnered up with other local businesses in Westport this year such as Cian’s on Bridge Street and Travis from Clew Bay Bike Hire to offer new experiences that meet social distancing guidelines – after all, Westport’s success is based on a strong community spirit and we are confident that we will all get through 2020 if we all work together.
On July 3rd, we will be re-opening Westport House to day visitors, the Caravan and Camping Park, Gracy’s Pizzeria and Bistro and the Coffee Dock and the estate will re-open to vehicles. Our 4-star Hotel Westport will re-open to guests on July 10th.
On July 3rd, “Cian’s at Hotel Westport” will open through to September. Cian will be serving his award-winning food for all of our guest and locals to enjoy in our very socially distanced and re-vamped restaurant and banqueting suite – a “pop up” restaurant for locals and overnight guests alike.
The Pirate Adventure Park will not open this season but instead we are offering onsite and discounted bike hire to families with Clew Bay Bike Hire and Family Bush Camp to hotel guests.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was, and still is, dependant on all of us all working together as a community. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
- Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
- Observe 2m social distancing with other guests and staff
- Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
- Use card for all payments and avoid use of cash
- And if you feel ill, please do not come into Westport House and the Estate
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the estate in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests.
Please read on for full details of the programme put in place as part for the whole “new normal” in which we now live. Our goal is to offer you a “Clean and Green” time at Westport House and Estate. And of course, the warmest of welcomes.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
- General Cleaning Policy
- Team Training
- Westport House
- Caravan & Camping Park
- Pirate Adventure Park & Family Fun
- Dining Onsite
- Good Clean Fun (Things to Do on Westport Estate and in Westport)
General Cleaning Policy
- Deep clean of Westport House & the Caravan and Camping Park prior to opening to the public on July 3rd
- Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team during our hours of operations. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms, stair handrails and credit card machines. Please always co-operate with them.
- We have a long running partnership with Ecolab and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to the public and staff areas of the estate
- Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the estate such as the front door, campsite reception, at the entrance into facilities / bathrooms etc. You are asked to avail of them.
- Covid 19 induction training will be provided to protect our team’s well-being prior to arrival and all team members will complete a self-declaration form prior to returning to work.
- As our work practices will now change, each team member will be re-trained in the new Standard Operating Procedures for their role.
- All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures are asked to stay home.
- Team members to undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
- Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as masks, disposable aprons or visors.
- Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered, and work spaces spread out to a 2m distance.
- Regular Ecolab Trainingfor all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Individual work kits will be provided depending on department, for example, reception staff kits to include individual biro, calculator, wipes and gloves.
- Please book your ticket online in advance – bring a print out or show a copy of your email receipt on your phone on arrival to minimise exchange of cash (you also get 5% off tickets!). Your ticket is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Download the “Westport House Guided Tour App” in advance of arrival on the Google Play or Apple App Store to have the story of the house to hand on arrival – don’t forget your headphones.
- On arrival, one of our team will welcome at the front door you and will be monitoring visitor numbers in the house at any one time. We appreciate your patience if there are delays.
- We have put in place a one-way flow throughout the house, please observe the signage during your visit.
- Books and souvenirs on sale should not be picked up unless you intend to buy
- Be sure to allow some time to walk the Estate, our 3.5k looped walk takes in view of the house, clew bay, the lake- and river-sides. The gardens surrounding the house are looking blooming marvellous too.
- For refreshments, please visit the Coffee Dock at the Coach House for hot tea, coffee and great chats – open from 11am to 4:30pm daily. From 5pm to 10pm, Gracy’s Pizzeria and Bistro in the Farmyard will be open.
- We ask that all guests please pre-book your stay with us and pay in advance here to expedite the check in process.
- If you change your mind and decide to cancel your stay, we have a 72 hour cancellation policy and will refund your payment less a €10 administration fee. If the campsite does not open due to Covid-19 restrictions being extended, we will refund your entire payment.
- Check in is from 2pm onwards. Traditionally, the busy time is between 5pm and 7pm which may mean a queue. Please keep this in mind when planning your arrival.
- Our Reception will be modified such that – check in – our guests will queue up (socially distanced of course) in the fresh air and will not need to come in doors at all.
- Upon check in, every vehicle will require a PIN to enter and leave the campsite. This will be emailed to you as part of your Booking Confirmation and again, one day before you arrive.
- We are a family park, our night time curfew is 11pm, our night porter will be onsite to look after you. Please note that any noise or disturbance after that time will not be tolerated.
- Ongoing sanitisation of all facilities including toilets, showers, chemical toilet and wash up areas throughout the day – from 7am to 9pm. You will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms, stair handrails and credit card machines. Please always co-operate with them.
- Our shower and toilet blocks will be open with a regular cleaning schedule.
- We ask that any self-contained camper unit owners to use own sanitary facilities where possible. This will free up the shared facilities for those travelling with tents.
- Shared water points and refuse areas will have hand sanitiser provided at each and you are encouraged to use.
- Disk Golf will be available complimentary to our campers with a €5 deposit per disk.
- Unfortunately, we will have to close some of our shared facilities such as the Campers Kitchen/Recreation Room, Sand Pits, the Indoor Soft Play Area and the Playground.
- Bell Tents will not be available for hire in 2020.
- Westport House will be open and campers will get 25% off admission.
- The Pirate Adventure Park will not be open this season.
- In partnership with Clew Bay Bike Hire, Onsite Bike Hire will be available on the Estate at reduced rates for our Camping Guests (with pick up from Church Lane) – €18 for adults (reduced from €20) and €10 for children (reduced from €15) for a full day’s bike hire. We have created an exclusive 10k looped cycling trail (mostly off road) or our site is adjacent to the Great Western Greenway. Please ask for details for how to reserve it upon check in and respect the “No Bikes” signs on certain paths on the estate.
- Unfortunately, none of the attractions in the Pirate Adventure Park will open in 2020. (this will include the Pirates Den beside Gracys , the playground as well as the Swan boats, flume ride etc.).
- In partnership with Clew Bay Bike Hire, Onsite Bike Hire will be available on the Estate at reduced rates for our overnight guests (from Church Lane), please reserve it upon check in. We have an exclusive 10k loop – mostly off road – trail that is ideal for families and/or beginner to intermediate cyclists. We are working on the map for you to download on arrival and pick up of bikes.
- For those families looking for adventure, we are offering a Family Bush Camp exclusively for guests staying in Hotel Westport. Taking place daily, the Family Bush Camp will be operated by our very own retired 25 year army Sergeant, U.N. peace keeper and mountain leader, Patsy McSweeney, who will show families how to build a shelter, cook on an open fire, navigate without a compass, birds spotting and so much more. Good clean fun! Family Bush Camp is complimentary during your family’s stay at Hotel Westport, check out this and the other great offerings for families in 2020 in Hotel Westport. I’m afraid it is not currently available to campers.
- We are working on some heritage and walking trail maps for families that you can download from our website on arrival that make our 3.5k looped walk and other trails through the estate that little bit more fun with the kids.
- Hot tea and freshly brewed artisan coffees will be on sale daily during the summer in the Coffee Dock at the Coach House.
- Gracy’s Pizzeria & Bistro will be open from 5pm to 10pm serving pizza and other light fare.
- Cian Hayes from Cian’s on Bridge St has joined our team in Hotel Westport to deliver Cian’s at Hotel Westport. Cian will be serving his award-winning fine dining food for all of our guests and locals to enjoy. Please call 098 25122 to make a reservation.