CLEAN & GREEN FROM ARRIVAL TO DEPARTURE
We look forward to welcoming you to Westport House in this new post-Covid world. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your visit or your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you. With that in mind, we have created a programme that will deliver the highest standards of cleanliness as well as a gorgeous green experience – with social distancing – throughout the entire estate.
We are blessed with the tranquil and beautiful setting on four hundred acres of fresh air in the heart of Westport. We hope to help you make the most of it during your visit with our new 3.5k looped walk, blooming gardens and trails.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was, and still is, dependant on all of us all working together as a community. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
- Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
- Observe 2m social distancing with other guests and staff
- Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
- Use card for all payments and avoid use of cash
- And if you feel ill, please do not come into Westport House and the Estate
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the estate in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests.
Please read on for full details of the programme put in place as part for the whole “new normal” in which we now live. Our goal is to offer you a “Clean and Green” time at Westport House and Estate. And of course, the warmest of welcomes.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
Biddy Hughes / General Manager
GENERAL CLEANING POLICY
- Deep clean of Westport House & the Caravan and Camping Park prior to opening to the public
- Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team during our hours of operations. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms, stair handrails and credit card machines. Please always co-operate with them.
- We have a long running partnership with Ecolab and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to the public and staff areas of the estate
- Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the estate such as the front door, campsite reception, at the entrance into facilities / bathrooms etc. You are asked to avail of them.
- Covid 19 induction training will be provided to protect our team’s well-being prior to arrival and all team members will complete a self-declaration form prior to returning to work.
- As our work practices will now change, each team member will be re-trained in the new Standard Operating Procedures for their role.
- All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures are asked to stay home.
- Team members to undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
- Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as masks, disposable aprons or visors.
- Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered, and work spaces spread out to a 2m distance.
- Regular Ecolab Trainingfor all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Individual work kits will be provided depending on department, for example, reception staff kits to include individual biro, calculator, wipes and gloves.
CARAVAN AND CAMPING PARK
- Government Lockdown: Where the government and NPHET decide to lockdown certain counties or locations, we regret that we must postpone any bookings from these locations during this timeframe and for 14 days after to protect the health and well-being of our team and other guests. If you are from a location in lockdown, as you are not permitted to travel, we would love to reschedule your stay with us to another date following the lockdown. Please call us on +353(0)98 27766 or email email@example.com to discuss.
- International Traveller’s Policy – If you are from outside the island of Ireland, please visit the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs website for more details on the new EU Traffic Light approach to familiarise yourself with the new Green, Orange, Red or Grey categories and any restrictions or quarantine requirements that are relevant to you at your time of travel. If you are from a country that requires quarantine, we will require proof of same on arrival to the campsite. Without proof of quarantine, sadly, we will not be able to facilitate a stay. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
- We ask that all guests please pre-book your stay with us and pay in advance here to expedite the check in process.
- If you change your mind and decide to cancel your stay, we have a 72 hour cancellation policy and will refund your payment less a €10 administration fee. If the campsite does not open due to Covid-19 restrictions being extended, we will refund your entire payment.
- Check in is from 2pm onwards. Traditionally, the busy time is between 5pm and 7pm which may mean a queue. Please keep this in mind when planning your arrival.
- Our Reception will be modified such that – check in – our guests will queue up (socially distanced of course) in the fresh air and will not need to come in doors at all.
- Upon check in, every vehicle will require a PIN to enter and leave the campsite. This will be emailed to you as part of your Booking Confirmation and again, one day before you arrive.
- We are a family park, our night time curfew is 11pm, our night porter will be onsite to look after you. Please note that any noise or disturbance after that time will not be tolerated.
- Ongoing sanitisation of all facilities including toilets, showers, chemical toilet and wash up areas throughout the day – from 7am to 9pm. You will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms, stair handrails and credit card machines. Please always co-operate with them.
- Our shower and toilet blocks will be open with a regular cleaning schedule. We ask that any self-contained camper unit owners to use own sanitary facilities where possible. This will free up the shared facilities for those travelling with tents.
- Shared water points and refuse areas will have hand sanitiser provided at each and you are encouraged to use.
- Disk Golf will be available complimentary to our campers with a €5 deposit per disk.
- Unfortunately, we will have to close some of our shared facilities such as the the Indoor Soft Play Area and the Playground.
- Bell Tents will be available for hire in 2021.
- Westport House is currently closed for restoration and we hope to be able to offer limited outdoors guided tours in 2021.
- The Pirate Adventure Park will be open for the 2021 season and campers will get 25% off admission.
PIRATE ADVENTURE PARK
- We will be operating at reduced daily capacity so we are updating our ticketing system to allow you to book your visit on a specific date. With this in mind, all guests are encouraged to pre-book tickets on our website good & early to ensure you can visit on your preferred date. We are aiming to launch tickets on sale in May (pending government guidance) – please join our e-newsletter (scroll down) if you’d like us to let you know soon as they go on sale.
- We will maintain a clean environment with social distancing on the rides. This means you may experience some delays but please bear with our team as we do our best to keep you safe. We will operate queuing systems for the attractions to be fair to all of our guests.
- We appreciate your help – please use the sanitising stations as you embark on all rides and attractions to help us maintain a clean environment. And all adults are asked to bring a mask for crowded areas. And of course, if you do not feel well, please do not visit – we will do our best to reschedule your visit to another date or will refund your booking if this is not possible.
- Unfortunately, the Pirates Den and Tiny Town will not operate this year as its just not feasible to deliver these attractions safely. All other attractions will operate per the list above.
- Rest assured that as a Failte Ireland Safety Charter-compliant business, all of our staff will be trained and issued the PPE necessary to their role.
- Hot tea and freshly brewed artisan coffees along with whipped ice cream will be on sale daily during the summer in the Coffee Wagon at the Coach House from 11am to 4:30pm.
- Gracy’s Pizzeria & Bistro will be open from 1pm to 10pm serving pizza and other light fare.
- Westport House is currently closed due to maintenance works. If we are re-opening for visits in 2021, you are asked to pre-book your ticket in advance.
- Download the “Westport House Guided Tour App” in advance of arrival on the Google Play or Apple App Store to have the story of the house to hand on arrival – don’t forget your headphones.
- On arrival, one of our team will welcome at the front door you and will be monitoring visitor numbers in the house at any one time. We appreciate your patience if there are delays.
- We have put in place a one-way flow throughout the house, please observe the signage during your visit.
- Books and souvenirs on sale should not be picked up unless you intend to buy.
- Be sure to allow some time to walk the Estate, our 3.5k looped walk takes in view of the house, clew bay, the lake- and river-sides. The gardens surrounding the house are looking blooming marvellous too.
- For refreshments, please visit the Coffee Wagon at the Coach House for hot tea, coffee and great chats – open from 11am to 4:30pm daily. From 1pm to 10pm, Gracy’s Pizzeria and Bistro in the Farmyard will be open.
- If you're travelling with children, consider a visit to the Pirate Adventure Park. Named after the Pirate Queen of Connacht – Grace O’Malley – your day ticket will include all day, unlimited use of the log flume ride, cannonball run, swinging ship, mini ferris wheel, vortex tunnel, iconic swan pedal boats, tiny town, disk golf, the miniature railway, the jump around and mini ferris wheel.