We have compiled some helpful information to help make your visit with us the best it can be. If you have any other questions, please Contact Us on +353(0)9827766 or email@example.com. We will be delighted to help.
WHAT TICKET DO I NEED? WHAT IS THERE TO DO?
We have a range of attractions on site and a range of tickets to hopefully suit everyone. Please check out our Estate Map which shows all of the attractions available on the estate. You can buy individual tickets for Westport House as well as individual and family tickets to the Pirate Adventure Park. The grounds, gardens and walking trails are open for free to all visitors. Book tickets through our website to get 5% off all tickets.
NURSING MUMS AND BABY CHANGING
Baby changing facilities are provided in Gracy's Pizzeria (on arrival by the ticket office), The Pirates Haven as well as in Westport House and in all the bathrooms on the campsite. While we don’t have a private room for nursing mums, there are couches in the ladies’ bathrooms in Westport House for your use.
BRINGING A BUGGY?
We encourage parents of little children to bring buggies as we have a 400 acre estate in total and there may be a lot of walking involved in taking it all in! Unfortunately, there are two areas onsite that are not buggy friendly:
1. Due to the need to protect the antique parquet floors in the house, Westport House is not buggy- accessible. You may park your buggy inside the house while you visit and borrow one of our baby carriers for the little ones. Or even better – plan to bring your own.
2. The Pirates Den – our indoor soft play area – is situated on the first floor in the farmyard area. You are welcome to park your buggy downstairs while the kids play.
GUESTS WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS OR DISABILITIES
Guest with additional needs or disabilities are very welcome to Westport House. We have drafted a Disability Guide to Westport House in partnership with ClanBeo to help with preparations for a visit. We hope it is helpful. We realise we may not have covered everything so, if you have specific questions regarding any special needs, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +353 (0)98 27766.
With regards to tickets and admission, the person with the disability buy a ticket for entry. However, a person who acts as an escort for the visit to assist enters free of charge (on production of the relevant documentation). Please note; do not include these escorts when booking tickets online as they will be given complimentary admission on arrival.
We have just a few rules on Westport Estate. In welcoming you, we ask that you follow the estate rules:
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- Children, under the age of 16, must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- BBQs, picnics, ball-playing and open fires are not permitted on the estate grounds.
- Cyclists and pedestrians must keep to the dedicated pathways, greenway or shared roads. Not all pathways are suitable for bikes, please observe the signage.
- Visitors must not enter the lake at any times, other than via organised activities. Fishing is not permitted.
- Visitors entering the estate do so at their own risk. Westport House Estate does not accept responsibility for loss, theft or damage to vehicles or belongings while on the estate.
- Westport House reserves the right to refuse admission.
- The estate is monitored at all times by CCTV. Images are recorded for crime prevention, detection and personal safety.
- Advance permission is required to fly drone cameras. Please email us at email@example.com.
- Failure to comply with any of above the rules may result in being asked to leave the estate.
- Please note that this is a privately owned estate with no right of access.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WESTPORT TOWN
If you haven’t been to Westport before, you’re in for a treat! It is a beautiful planned town, with pretty streets, the Carrowbeg river running through it, blue flag beaches on our doorstep as well as Ireland’s holy mountain, Croagh Patrick. With a whole range of excellent facilities for visitors including bars, restaurants, hotels and other accommodation providers, some excellent sites to visit are www.DestinationWestport.com, www.northmayo.ie and www.discoverireland.ie/westport.
Westport Estate open all year around with some exceptions.
Check out our opening times to plan your trip.