Westport Estate is Growing
Westport Estate is owned by the Hughes Group, the Mayo family behind the globally successful clothing manufacturing company, Portwest.
The overall vision of the Hughes Family is to reimagine the entire offering within the 433-acre historic estate as part of a €75 million master plan.
We are now actively seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to take us to take ownership of and contribute to the vision and strategy for Westport Estate as a world-class tourism destination.
Objectives of this role
- The Restaurant Manager will oversee the operations in the restaurant ensuring an excellent guest experience with genuine friendly service is delivered every time.
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service and team leadership skills to successfully run the team.
- Gain a complete understanding of specific goals, objectives, and audiences
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the company is providing consistently excellent products and service, and that the environment is inviting and well-stocked
- Support the development and leadership of a performance culture which ensures that all objectives and targets are met. Support operational teams to continuously review performance, improve processes, innovate and develop capabilities to enhance performance and exceed targets.
- Support the development and implementation of talent management programmes and systems for the operational team providing guidance, coaching, mentoring and regular feedback to help them strengthen specific knowledge/skills.
- Uphold standards of customer excellence and quality, ensure all guest feedback is appropriately actioned.
- Support the development of strategic plans for optimised productivity while tactically overseeing concurrent day-to-day operations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both internally and externally and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach
- Monitor performance and report on progress
- Set daily employee objectives and schedules to achieve and exceed company productivity and sales goals
- Adhere to department policies and procedures
- Uphold standards of excellence and quality
- Collaborate with senior managers to ensure quality customer service and supervise a team with diverse talents and responsibilities to ensure smooth running of the restaurant.
- Ensure that all Food and Beverage products are served efficiently and in accordance with the company standard of presentation.
- Meet regularly with management to report and plan strategic plans for team objectives.
- Manage controllable expenses and supplies within approved budgets to achieve profitability targets
- Fill in for senior management in their absence.
- Monitor customer and client satisfaction, and quality assurance, reporting any problems, accidents, unsafe conditions, or equipment trouble to management
- Track performance and conduct employee reviews
- Assist in onboarding, and training high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- To promote good team relations in the department ensuring fairness and consistency in all dealing with team members
- Disseminate all relevant and required information to the team and to senior management.
- Assist in resolving internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Strong communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Up to date working knowledge on modern trends in Bar offerings
- Up to date SOP's and procedures both in front and back of house including audits and appraisals
- Ability to motivate and lead people
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Tablepaths, Hotsoft, Volante or similar
- Experience conducting performance reviews
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Proactive disposition
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality management or related field At least 5 years Senior level supervision, purchasing experience in a large, busy 4/5* hotel including Bar and Restaurant
- Previous performance evaluation experience
- Thorough Understanding of the importance of Customer Experience
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
Westport Estate is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone is respected and included.