Westport Estate is Growing!
Here at Westport Estate we are looking for friendly and enthusiastic people for part-time and full-time roles:
We are currently recruiting for:
Objectives of this role
- This is a management role responsible for supporting the Head of Commercial Development sell the business through a period of innovative growth and positive transformational change whilst ensuring operational efficiencies and the provision of best-in-class customer experiences.
- Support the development of a performance culture which ensures that all objectives and targets are met.
- Uphold standards of customer excellence and quality to ensure that Customer expectations are exceeded, and the level of service is exceptional on a consistent basis, as measured against agreed business standards.
- Ensure all guest feedback is appropriately monitored and responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Support the development of strategic sales plans for optimised growth while tactically overseeing concurrent day-to-day sales operations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both internally and externally and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach.
- Responsibility for sales activity for hotel, attractions, weddings, f & b and events across Westport Estate. Participate in the implementation and delivery of these daily operations in conjunction with multiple stakeholders to include the business owners, Head of Commercial Development, and other external stakeholders.
- Focus on B2B sales to include travel trade/tour operators, group organisers (active retirement, etc), primary & secondary schools, sporting groups, corporates, and meeting & event organisers.
- Wedding and function event sales.
- Participation and representation at trade events as well as internal events.
- Drive sales through cold calling, setting up new business meetings, participation in networking events.
- Contract management, liaising with revenue/reservations team to ensure optimal outcome for business & client.
- Strong commercial, customer service focused approach.
- Management of online booking engines for hotel, restaurant bookings, ticket purchases and packages.
- Ensure all Company and client policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Assist with the improvement and implementation of operational systems, processes, and policies as well as IT and technology solutions to ensure the business achieves sales targets.
- Working in a flexible manner, leading and as part of a team which is adaptable to change and can demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail.
- Ensure that all work complies with appropriate statutory requirements and ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice, and Hotel Westport and Westport Estate policies and procedures.
- This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive and it is issued as a framework to outline main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
- 3-5 years proven sales experience in a hospitality environment with quantifiable revenue generating experience. Ideally in a business with €5+m turnover.
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations through innovation and long-term strategies for continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with wedding/function sales, group and B2B sales.
- Excellent communicator with customer-first approach.
- Target and quota driven. Experience building new business as well as in ongoing account management/maintenance.
- Clean drivers license required and willingness to travel.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of modern trends and technology in hospitality.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong communicator; and comfortable in contributing to the overall hotel strategy.
- Background in selecting and implementing sales solutions.
Westport Estate is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone is respected and included.
Email: [email protected]
[gravityform id=”38″ title=”true”]