– 2 lb of bread flour (strong)
– 2 oz of fresh yeast
– 6 fl oz of milk
– 6 fl oz of cold water
– 6 fl oz of warm water
– 1 TSP of salt
– 1 TBSP of sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 oz of melted butter
– egg wash
– Flavour options: Onion, Bacon, Poppy Seeds, Nuts, Tomato, Basil, Parmesan etc.
– In a jug or a bowl mix yeast, water, milk, salt, sugar and egg
– Place the flour into a mixing bowl and add in the wet ingredients and the butter. Mix them all together with a dough hook until you get a smooth dough.
– Leave it to proof for about 45 mins
– Then work the dough again, here is where you can separate some of the dough and keep it for bread rolls making them approx 3 oz each, ensuring you have kept enough for the loaf depending on how big you want your loaf.
– Brush the bread and bread rolls with egg wash and cook it in the oven at 200°C for 25 – 35 minutes depending on your oven.