- 450 g shortcrust pastry
- 100 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 8 pears halved
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 50g flaked almond
- Apricot jam (to glaze)
- Grease a 12” tart tin or 1 muffin tray and pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin or muffin tray and trim the edges.
- In a bowl place the butter, sugar, almonds, flour and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Spread over the pastry.
- Slice the pears and place on top and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted apricot jam to glaze.
- Cool on wire trays.
This can be served hot or cold.