Join Our Chef Teams!
Here at Westport Estate we are looking for friendly and enthusiastic people for full-time and part-time roles:
We are currently recruiting for:
Chef de Partie
A passion for exceptional food and the ability to work well within a team environment.
It is an exciting time to join the team at Westport Estate and Hotel Westport offering the opportunity to become part of a truly transformational change in the Westport and Mayo region. Westport Estate is owned by the Hughes Group, the Mayo family behind the globally successful clothing manufacturing company, Portwest. The overall vision of the Hughes Family is to reimagine the entire offering within the 433-acre historic estate as part of a €75 million master plan.
We are now actively seeking experienced Chefs to join our team in Hotel Westport & Westport Estate and contribute to the vision and strategy for Westport Estate as a world-class tourism destination. You will work with a team to provide exceptional guest services and consistently exceed the highest possible standards of operations.
Extremely competitive local rates based on experience.
Come and speak with us about all available roles across the entire estate. Opportunities available to work in Westport Estates Islands Restaurant, Maple Bar, Gracys Pizzeria and Airstreams.
Objectives of this role
- You should be passionate about food and inspire those you work alongside in our kitchens and across the Estate.
- You must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- You will be encouraged to be as innovative and creative as possible.
- Contribute to the development of new recipes for seasonal menus in consultation with the Head of Culinary at Westport Estate.
- Prepare and serve dishes under the direction of The Head Chef with consistent attention to detail, showing a passion for the dish.
- Must be reliable and professional as part of a team in a busy environment.
- Ensure all statutory hygiene and HACCP requirements are diligently followed.
- Liaise with the management and culinary team regarding dietary requirements, special requests, VIP’s etc.
- Ensure the waitstaff team are fully briefed on each dish, its ingredients and how best to describe each dish to guests.
- Preparation of dishes to the highest standard.
- Supervising and training junior colleagues, when required.
- Prepare meals that are at the quality needed for a four star restaurant and fine dining and other artisan offerings.
- Work well with others within a busy environment that encourages a team mentality
- Working knowledge of HACCP & other food safety regulations, training can be provided on this
- Being conscientious regarding potential waste
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- A passion for exceptional food and the ability to work well within a team environment.
- One to two years of operational kitchen experience with a diversity of culinary experience and a proven track record.
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- Good standard and comprehension of English
- Employee accommodation available
- Meals provided
- Training available
- Portwest staff discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work life balance
[gravityform id=”38″ title=”true”]